Website promotion is the continuous process of promoting a website on the Web in order to maintain its Web visibility and attract more visitors to increase the sale of website’s products and services.
SEO, Page Rank, Deep Linking, Linkage
What is Web Promotion?
Web promotion is a synonym for marketing a website through the internet. Web promotion is the continuous process of promoting a website on the Web in order to maintain its Web visibility and attract more visitors to increase the sale of website’s products and services. To become successful and maintain the visibility in the search engine marketing, website promotion to major search engine is necessary which is done in the combination with good content development, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine submission & directory submission.
Web promotion can be categorized into three types:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This includes the process of preparing web pages to be submitted to rank high in Search Engines (such as Yahoo!, Google, MSN, AOL, etc.)
- Associate/Affiliate Programs: This is done by Link referral and link exchanges. The joining of geographic or occupation specific websites that is complimentary in services or product.
- Paid Advertising: In this practice some money is spent on internet advertisements. Common examples are pay-per-click i.e. PPC , Google ad words
Thus, Web promotion includes search engine optimization, viral marketing, creative writing and Ad campaign management.
What Web Promotion does?
Few benefits that Web Promotion does to your web site are listed below.
- Increasing the visibility of your website.
- Easy communication and information to your potential customers about your latest products/services and offers.
- Capturing the list of new subscribers, visitors and potential buyers.
Some important points for web promotion:
- Conduct site analysis once your website is done to ensure that it is working according to your expectations.
- Take care of site design by ensuring that it is designed while keeping the search engines in mind. It must not have unfavorable issues that fight against the tough process of search engine optimization.
- Research over main keyword phrases that potential customers may use in their information search.
- Application of keyword phrases should be done effectively and in accordance to SEO guidelines.
- Do not forget to submit your website to the top search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and MSN for the purpose of indexing by them.
Some Unethical Web Promotion Practice
- Adding “invisible text”: This is done by adding some text to your page that is in the same color as the background. These Includes keywords. Similarly trick is to add extremely small text stuffed with repetitions of the keywords you’re trying to target to your page.
- Adding unnecessary and unwanted keywords in the META tags.
- Over-stuffing of key words in the text of the web site.